26 February, 2015
Shrimp Zoodles for Two
I used a recipe from Skinnytaste.com and have made it a few times and really like it. The Zoodles are fresh, very low calorie, and easy to prepare. I would recommend adding an extra zucchini for more bulk, the two just weren’t filling enough.
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two
Servings: 2 • Size: 6 shrimp, 1 zucchini • Old Pts: 3 • Weight Watcher Points+: 4 pt
Calories: 161 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 13 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 11 g • Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 76 mg • Cholest: 72 mg
- 2 medium zucchini, about 8 oz each
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. divided
- 4 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 12 large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 6.5 oz)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes
Use a mandolin fitted with a julienne blade or a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into noodles. Cut the strips into 6 to 8-inch strips.
In a large nonstick pan, melt the butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, kosher salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
Add the remaining oil and garlic to the skillet, cook 30 seconds then add the zucchini noodles, kosher salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
Remove from the heat, add the shrimp, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine and serve immediately
As plated 161 cl